**Disclaimer: All vaping products are meant for adult consumers. Please use products responsibly**
Buying your first vape coil building kit is a milestone in the process of reaching vaping mastery.
Building coils is like building anything else. You need tools. Not just any tools, but you need the right tools to build your vaping coils the right way. These tools can be sold separately, but that can be a daunting task to undertake if you’re just starting out building your vape coils.
Today we are going to talk about the best Coil Building Kits and vape accessories in 2021.
What is a coil building tool kit?
They are a set of different tools that will help you build your vape coils more efficiently, without wasting time, and all in a convenient package where they can be stored safely. As a result, you don’t have to waste time finding all the tools or risk losing them.
Building vape coils can be a satisfactory hobby, especially when you’ve got the proper tools to build solid coils.
What tools come in a vape coil building kit?
Regardless of the size of the vape coil building kit, there are some must-have tools you need. Make sure the following tools are included in the gear you purchase.
- Flush cutters: as the name suggests, these are made for cutting your coil leads flush.
- Needle-tip tweezers: without these, it would be pretty tricky to insert your cotton through the wicking channels.
- Ceramic tweezers: ceramic is non-conductive, so you won’t get any electric shocks, and they allow you to strum the coils as you look for hotspots.
- Scissors: quite handy for cutting the ends of your wicks.
- Coil jigs or rods: very helpful when wrapping your coils. They come in different diameters.
The following list contains tools that aren’t really necessary, but can come in handy if you’re not just building coils, but also building or rebuilding atomizers.
- Ohm reader: some kits include them, others don’t.
- Screwdrivers: whether it is a Phillips, or a flathead, or both, some kits do provide them, although they aren’t that essential.
- Pliers: most kits will include them these days.
- Wire: most kits won’t include them, but backup wire is always welcome.
Vape Accessories To Have in 2021
510 Thread Batteries
A 510 thread vape is technically any battery with 510 threading, which happens to be the vape industry standard for most tanks and atomizers. When people talk about 510 thread batteries, these days, they are most likely talking about the ones made for use with oil cartridges.
Best 510 Thread Batteries in 2021
1 - The Kandypens Special-K Black: is a sumptuous yet stealthy version of the classic vape pen design. It comes with 2x 1 mL tanks, a temp control battery with three heat settings, and several handy accessories. The Special-K Black’s battery has a lifetime warranty.
2 - The PCKT One Plus is a compact and robust 510 vape carved out of a solid block of sleek metal. This 510 device has a 660 mAh capacity and three heat settings ideal for vaporizing THC and CBD oil carts. It comes with a magnetic gold adapter so that you can pop in your cartridges with ease. It’s a high-end 510 thread vape.
3 - Vessel Compass is a compact, robust, and very ergonomic 510. It features a 550 mAh internal battery and three power settings ranging from 2.8-3.6 volts. The device uses USB-C charging and is compatible with most 510 thread oil carts. It provides the optimal amount of airflow while keeping your cartridges safe.
Trying to find the best sub-ohm tanks in 2021 can be a bit of a daunting task if you don’t have the essential information to guide you. Sub-ohm tanks are those tanks that have a resistance below 1 ohm. These sub-ohm tanks are great for building your vape mods and giving you some variety if you already own vape mods and want to try out different tanks.
Sub-ohm tanks come in different alloys: stainless steel, Kanthal, and nickel-chromium. They also come in single coil, double coil, triple coil, and quad coil configurations. The coils can be standard coils and mesh coils. We explain all these coil configurations in this article.
Best Sub-ohm Tanks in 2021
1 - Kanthal Triple Mesh Coil: This sub-ohm tank comes with phenomenal coils. Featuring innovative mesh wire sheets, widening the heating surface area for incredibly smooth flavor and quicker ramp-up time. The Freemax Kanthal Triple Mesh Coil is a perfect higher wattage choice with a 60-80 wattage range, kanthal make-up, and triple mesh coils. These beefy tanks can burn e-juice, but they can produce massive vapor clouds and great flavor.
2 - SMOK TFV18. This is the latest in the line of TFV edition tanks by SMOK. These vape tanks are great, but they are not for everyone. The sub-ohm vaping on this model is a force to be reckoned with. Vaping on steroids, some would say. These are great for flavor and massive cloud production. Bear in mind, though, that these bad boys will suck up your e-juice more quickly than you would expect. They come in 6 different colors, two mesh coils, and are 31.6mm (1.24 inches) in diameter.
3 - Uwell Valyrian 2 Pro. With self-cleaning technology that helps prevent leaking, this is an awesome tank for flavor and cloud production. It’s also a big tank at 32mm diameter. The self-cleaning technology allows this tank to recycle residue e-juice back to the coils. It comes with 2 X coils – 1 X 0.32Ohm single mesh coil (90-100W) and one 0.14Ohm dual mesh coil (80-90W) in the kit. This tank is very solid with a flip top, and top fill function which makes refilling on the go a breeze.
Drip tips are the mouthpiece of the vaping device. It’s an accessory that screws directly onto the atomizer, and it is where you inhale from. It comes in a variety of sizes, shapes, and materials. Whether you use an RDA, RTA, or a sub-ohm tank, there is always a drip tip to suit you.
The materials that drip tips are usually made of are: glass, wood, metal, plastic, and stone, and ceramic.
- Glass drip tips are used by those who love to get the most out of their e-juice. Just like drinking wine out of a glass instead of any other material, glass drip tips allow for the purest taste of your high-end e-juice.
- Wood drip tips don’t conduct heat well, so they are perfect for those who worry about burning their lips as they inhale their e-juice.
- Metal drip tips are good-looking and are present in pretty much every kind of mod. Metal drip tips are the most popular choice for drip tips. They are generally made of alloys such as stainless steel, aluminum, and sometimes titanium. Some people have reported that some metal drip tips give out a slightly bitter after taste, and they can also get quite hot.
- Plastic drip tips are the cheapest variety of drip tips, but they don’t tend to heat up that much, which can be a good option for those who are worried about burning their lips.
- Stone and ceramic drip tips come in great-looking designs and vibrant colors. They are usually more expensive than the other materials, but they are worth the extra bucks as they are not just eye-candy but also durable and ward off heat quite well.
Best Drip Tips in 2021
1 - Geekvape Resin 810. This drip tip is a short and stocky one, meant to attach to cloud-blowing atomizers. You can choose between three colors: red, green, and blue, with different swirling hues covering the entire surface area of the drip tip. These 810 tips fit most Goon-style atomizers and give your vaping tank a sleek appearance.
2 - SMOK Cobra Resin 810. These eye-turners have some cool snakeskin-type patterns, making a visual statement. They come in five different color options so that you can combine the most suitable one with your tank’s color scheme. These tips usually come with most SMOK’s vaping devices already pre-installed. However, they are sold separately if you want to incorporate them into your build.
3 - YSTAR Jade 810. These beauties are made from Jade gemstone. No plastic or resin here. They don’t heat up much, even with the most potent vape builds. The YSTAR Jade 810 comes in five different colors.
4 - Non-Stick 510. This drip tip comes with a protective coating that prevents unhealthy build-ups on its surface. It comes in three different shades of grey: light grey, regular grey, and dark grey. They are designed for any type of 510 opening.
5 - Kizoku Chess 510. These stainless steel drip tips are designed only for mouth to lung (MTL) and low-heat atomizers. They come in 4 different shapes inspired by chess pieces, hence the name. These designs look best in old-school tanks and clearomizers. These drip tips have a narrow bore which is ideal for enhanced throat hits from nic-salts.
Cotton is the most popular material for making wicks for vaping devices. Other materials vapers have experimented with are silica, hemp, mesh, and rayon. However, cotton is the preferred choice for vapers due to its lower price, ease of use, and neutral taste. Most pre-made coil heads come fitted with organic cotton wicks.
Cotton is the essential accessory to have at hand if you are using rebuildables like RTAs or RDAs
Best Vape Cottons in 2021
1 - Cotton Bacon Prime. This cotton is exceptionally resistant to heat. Cotton Bacon Prime boasts a 33& faster absorption rate compared to its predecessor. No more cotton taste, and almost no break-in time.
2 - UD Organic Cotton. This Japanese organic cotton comes from Koh Gen Doh, one of the leading organic cotton manufacturers in Japan. Its thin sheets make it much easier to measure and cut. Users get the purest flavor as this cotton is unbleached and untreated.
3 - Kendo Gold. Another high-quality cotton directly from the land of the rising sun, which hardly gunks up and has a remarkable lifespan. This Japanese organic cotton is unbleached and untreated, so it is ideal for getting the best and purest flavors out of your e-juices.
Top Coil Building Kits 2021
We have shown you our top picks in 2021 for vaping accessories. Now it’s time to show you our best choices for 2021’s coil building kits.
1 - Coil Master DIY KIT V3. The Coil Master DIY Kit V3 caters to all your coil building needs and is its predecessor’s latest generation. The packaging is sleek, compact, lightweight, and comfortable to carry. This kit is designed not just for the advanced and experienced user, but also for those who have already built their first coils. Contained within the attractive zipped pouch, you can find the following tools:
- 521 Tab Mini V2
- Coil Kit V4
- Silicon Rubber Case for Jigs
- T-Style Hex Screwdriver - 1.25mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm
- Flush Wire Cutters
- Needle-Nose Pliers
- Folding Scissors - Stainless Steel
- Phillips Screwdriver - Pen-Style
- Flathead Screwdriver - Pen-Style
- Ceramic Tweezers
- Elbow Tweezers
- Kanthal A1 Wire Spool - 24 GA - 10 Feet
- Japanese Organic Cotton
2 - Wotofo Vape Tool Kit. The case of this sleek kit is made of a hard waterproof fabric and features all the essential and some non-essential tools to build great coils. These are the tools and features of our second pick of the list:
- Mini Bent Nose Pliers, for precision and strength
- Medical Standard Scissors, for cutting and Shearing of Wicking Materials
- Tungsten Reinforced Flush Cutter
- Hardened Ceramic Tweezers
- 4-in-1 Screwdriver, with knurled Fast Switch Design, and pocket to store bits
- Segmented Self-Balancing Coiling Rod
- Textured Zippered Carrying Case
3 - Vandy Vape Tool Kit Pro. Even though we’ve placed this kit at number 3, it takes the first spot for portability. Its compact design is perfect for active vapers. The Vandy comes in a zipper carrying case, and among its contents, you will find:
- 1 x Ceramic tweezer - H130 * W10
- 1 x Flathead screwdriver - 2.3-2.0
- 1 x Phillips screwdriver - 3+2.0
- 1 x Inner- hexagon M3 screw - 2.5 H1.5
- 1 x Inner- hexagon M4 screw - 3.5 H2.0
- 1 x Coil Kit2.5 - 6 * H47
- 1 x Coil Kit3.0 - 6 * H47
- 1 x Head Screwdriver - 12 * H86
- 1 x Coil Kit - 14 *
- 1 x Coil Kit - 14 * H75
- 1 x Folding Scissors
- 1 x Diagonal Pliers
4 - Geek Vape Mini Tool Vape Kit. Just like the Vandy, the Geek Mini Tool Vape kit is lightweight and compact. The kit comes with all the essential tools required to build vape coils without worrying about other tools. The kit features the following tools:
- 1 x Diagonal pliers, made of stainless steel
- 1 x Needle-nose pliers, made of stainless steel
- 1 x Folding scissors, stainless steel, and bio-plastic
- 1 x Phillips screwdriver, stainless steel
- 1 x Flathead screwdriver, stainless steel
- 1 x Ceramic tweezers, with bio-plastic
- 1 x Geekvape coiling kit, made of aluminum and stainless steel